It doesn't matter what you remembered from school prior to this course – what matters is right now. After this course, you will feel:
- Ready to educate your patients
- Refreshed (because you brushed up on concepts that you already knew)
- Passionate and ready to share the knowledge with your fellow dental professionals
- Confident to attend more advanced CE courses
Review local anesthetics
Apply the knowledge to prevent medical emergencies related to local anesthesia
Prevent accidents by understanding contraindications for local anesthesia
Understand the use of local anesthesia for each dental specialty
Learn what you missed at school
Deepen your knowledge of the basics and get a solid foundation that you can build on top of
Help other dental team members and become the "A" team member
Absorb information at your own pace, without the pressure of exams
Refresh your memory if it has been a while since you graduated from school
Feel more knowledgeable in front of the patient
Claire is an entrepreneur, author, educator, researcher, and international speaker. She is the founder of StudentRDH / SmarterDA – Dental hygiene and assisting exam prep solutions. In addition, she created DentalToaster, one of the easiest to use online CE website for dental professionals. Through her live and online courses, Claire helped tens of thousands of people gain valuable dental knowledge and clinical skills. With her expert knowledge in education, she authored the e-book WakeUp Memory™, which teaches how to use the brain and remember anything. She combines the WakeUp Memory Technique™ in her courses and teaches educators to apply this method in their own classrooms. To her audience’s testimony: “Learning is now addictive.” Many of Claire’s articles, such as the New Hypertension Guidelines are ranked as one of the top articles in RDH Magazine and DentistryIQ. She is regularly invited in podcasts and conferences such as RDH Under One Roof as a key opinion leader. Her classes are fascinating, and the audience becomes glued to their seat. Claire also provides guidance to companies to reach the younger generation of dental professionals. Email: ClaireJ@DentalToaster.com
Highly recommend this refresher course to those who need a review. Very to the point and great information.
Highly recommend this refresher course to those who need a review. Very to the point and great information.Read Less
Your time is precious. That's why we did all the work for you, so you will learn ONLY what is important. In this course, you will see:
- Key points format that goes straight to the core content
- Short and concise sentences
- Indents to show you the hierarchy of information
- PLUS! Track your progress.
Step 1: Enroll (FREE)
Step 2: Start the course
Step 3: Pay a small fee to continue
For the entire course, you will study through your phone and computer. No need to sit in a webinar. Just take 5 minutes in between patients, 3 minutes while waiting in the car, you get the idea!
Your progress is automatically recorded.
You will have so much fun learning!
Your time is precious
It's online. Access from your phone or computer.
Always open. Enrol anytime!
3 CEUs awarded.
Access the course for 180 days unlimited.
- Welcome to Local Anesthesia Refresher Course!
- MENTAL NERVE BLOCK
- INCISIVE NERVE BLOCK
- BUCCAL NERVE BLOCK
- IA NERVE BLOCK
- GOW GATES
- GP NERVE BLOCK
- NP NERVE BLOCK
- AMSA NERVE BLOCK
- P-ASA INJECTION
- V2 NERVE BLOCK
- TYPES OF INJECTIONS
- FDA PREGNANCY CATEGORIES OF DRUGS
- CALCULATING LOCAL ANESTHETICS DRUG DOSE
- CALCULATING LOCAL ANESTHETIC MRD
- VARIABLES AFFECTING LOCAL ANESTHETIC EFFECTS
- TYPES OF OVERDOSE
- OVERDOSE REACTION
- NEEDLE BREAKAGE
- PARESTHESIA AND PARALYSIS
- HEMATOMA AND TRISMUS
- ALLERGIC REACTION
- ABSOLUTE CONTRAINDICATIONS
- RELATIVE CONTRAINDICATIONS
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS CONTRAINDICATIONS
- PERIODONTICS, ORAL SURGERY, AND ENDODONTICS
- MAXILLARY NERVE BRANCHES
- MANDIBULAR NERVE BRANCHES
- EFFECTS OF LOCAL ANESTHETICS ON NERVE CONDUCTION
- COMMON TOPICAL ANESTHETICS
- ROLE, TYPES, AND SIDE EFFECTS
- CALCULATING VASOCONSTRICTORS DOSE
- CALCULATING VASOCONSTRICTORS MRD
- LIMITING FACTOR
- Quiz to get your CE certificate