The purpose of this OSHA training is to inform dental healthcare professionals about potential workplace hazards and safety practices to ensure a safer working environment.
Define OSHA and its mission
- List the OSHA standards that apply to dental practices & interpret the importance of each standard.
- List real-world examples of OSHA violations that have occurred within the United States within the last 5 years. Provide a list of OSHA responsibilities specific to employers and employees.
- Define the Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) standard, identify BBP basic requirements, and discuss the modes of disease transmission most common to a dental office setting.
- Define the Hazard Communication Standard. List the standard's basic requirements, interpret each requirement including the successful implementation of engineering controls in a dental office setting.
- Define the Ionizing Radiation Standard. List the standard's basic requirements, interpret each requirement including the successful implementation of engineering controls in a dental office setting.
- Define the Ergonomic Hazards & Prevention Standard and Exit Routes Standard. List the standard's basic requirements, interpret each requirement including the successful implementation of engineering controls in a dental office setting.
India R. Chance is a Registered Dental Hygienist, Independent Compliance Consultant, & Authorized OSHA Trainer who provides continuing education courses for dental healthcare providers to improve their knowledge of infection prevention & safety in the workplace environment. Nationally, she has trained hundreds of dental practice owners & teams on compliance program creation & implementation. Her mission is to equip dental healthcare providers with current & credible information so they can deliver the safest dental visit possible. She has been featured on several National podcasts, spoken at various dental conferences including Dentsply Sirona World, & is a former writer for the USA Today Educators Blog focusing on healthcare trends. Currently, she serves as: CDC Inspector for the Md State Dental Board Md State Dental Association Foundation Board Member Infection Control Consultant for the Md State Mission of Mercy Dentsply/Sirona KOL Infection Prevention Speaker Brand Ambassador for Dimensions of Dental Hygiene Through her work, India has become the leading dental compliance speaker for the Baltimore/Washington, DC Metropolitan area. Professional Memberships: OSAP - Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention Mid-Atlantic PANDA Coalition - Board Member Montgomery County Dental Hygienists' Association - Former Vice-President American Dental Hygienists' Association American Dental Education Association American Public Health Association
1.5 LIVE CEUs (online live attendance)
Everything is ONLINE, once you sign up you will access a link to join the live webinar
Meets OSHA Training Requirements