Claire Jeong, RDH, MS
International speaker, author, educator, RDH
About the instructor
Claire is an entrepreneur, author, educator, researcher, and international speaker. She is the founder of StudentRDH / SmarterDA – Dental hygiene and assisting exam prep solutions. In addition, she created DentalToaster, an online CE platform that provides unique courses for the dental professional.
Claire has a Master’s Degree in Administration from Boston University, Dental Hygiene Degree from Forsyth School of Dental Hygiene in Boston, and a Business degree from the top business programs in Korea. Prior to her career in the dental field, Claire Jeong was an education specialist at Boston Children’s Museum.
Through her live and online courses, Claire helped tens of thousands of people gain valuable dental knowledge and clinical skills. With her expert knowledge in education, she authored the e-book WakeUp Memory™, which teaches how to use the brain and remember anything. She combines the WakeUp Memory Technique™ in her courses and teaches educators to apply this method in their own classrooms. To her audience’s testimony: “Learning is now addictive.”
Many of Claire’s articles, such as the New Hypertension Guidelines are ranked one of the top articles in RDH Magazine and DentistryIQ. She is regularly invited in podcasts and conferences such as RDH Under One Roof as a key opinion leader. Her classes are fascinating, and the audience becomes glued to their seat. Claire also provides guidance to companies to reach the younger generation of dental professionals. Email: ClaireJ@DentalToaster.com
Is this course for you? Try to answer these questions!
- Do you feel like you don't know enough about drugs when you review the patient's medical chart?
- Do you feel like you did not learn enough about pharmacology in dental hygiene / assisting school?
- Do you want to educate your patient about drugs and their oral side effect?
Dental professionals were waiting for a REFRESHER course. Pharmacology was voted the #1
Before we launched the course, we asked many dental professionals if they wanted a "refresher" style course. And the #1 course they voted for was pharmacology.
This means that you are not alone if you are struggling with this subject.
Dentistry is deeply connected with pharmacology
- Drugs can affect the way we treat patients
- Drugs can have side effects related to the oral health of the patient (e.g., xerostomia with certain anti-hypertensive drugs)
- Dental professionals should help the patient with home care (e.g., use Biotene for xerostomia due to drugs)
- Dental professionals prescribe drugs
- Local anesthetics are drugs we should know more about
We have an effective condensed format, so you can maximize your time
Your time is precious. That's why we did all the work for you, so you can learn ONLY what is important.
We always use the "key points" format, so we go straight to the core.
You will feel so knowledgeable after the course
It doesn't matter whether you remember what was in your pharmacology book or not. What matters is that you are TRYING, right now.
After you review all the topics and take the quiz, you will feel:
- Ready to educate your patients
- Refreshed (because you brushed up on concepts that you vaguely remembered)
- Understand the general concept of pharmacology
- Understand the general concept of pharmacokinetics
- Understand the mechanism of drugs for each type of major disease
- Remember the most common drugs
- Apply the information to educate the patient
- Choose the correct local anesthetic and avoid complications
- Recall the actions drugs can have on oral health
- Location: The course is online so you can take it from anywhere!
- Starting date: Enroll anytime!
- CEUs hours awarded: 2
- How long can I access the course for? 180 days unlimited.
- Refund policy: Unless otherwise specified, courses purchased from Dental Toaster courses are non-refundable.